The Student Internship Program is an important part of MAB’s College/University partnership program. Its purpose is to help interested men and women pursue a career in broadcasting by undertaking an internship, which provides training and hands-on experience at a MAB-member station.
Successful student applicants will receive from MAB, a stipend payable to the university’s intern program and disbursed according to the school’s internship guidelines. The award will be paid at the end of the internship upon MAB’s receipt of the student’s written report and confirmation of completion from station General Manager.
Submit to the MAB by March 1 for a summer internship:
- The completed MAB internship application;
- College transcript;
- Internship Program Director recommendation;
- Internship Contract signed by student, Internship Program Director and station General Manager.
MAB’s scholarship committee will review the applications. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision.
Applicants must meet these criteria:
- Rising junior or senior;
- Enrolled in a broadcast or related program;
- Successfully completed basic television, radio and journalism courses;
- Accepted and enrolled in the intern program for one of the university’s summer sessions;
- Student must get approval of his/her adviser and the MAB member station before applying for a MAB internship.
- Student should submit the application with and copy of their college transcript and recommendation from Internship Program Director.
- The student must submit a written report at the end of the internship, detailing their work experience and what skills they learned.
Previous MAB Internship Award winners are NOT eligible for the following year.
The Mississippi Association of Broadcasters has a keen interest in the excellence of broadcast education. Consistent with this goal, and to lend tangible support, the MAB has established this internship program to encourage students of the highest caliber to enter broadcasting as a career. We sincerely want to see broadcasting as a profession today passed on to qualified, outstanding men and women.
The internship program reflects the MAB’s commitment to the principal of affirmative action. No applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age.
Complete the application form, attaching all additional sheets necessary and forward it to the MAB office at the address below.
Mississippi Association of Broadcasters
855 S. Pear Orchard Rd., Suite 403
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157