By endorsing quality education for potential broadcasters, the members of the Mississippi Association of Broadcasters believe that they are guaranteeing the future of quality broadcasting in Mississippi. Toward that goal, MAB has established a scholarship fund aimed at the higher education of promising students. The purpose of that scholarship fund is multifold.
- To encourage a higher standard of professionalism in the industry;
- To foster a stronger relationship between higher education and the profession;
- To promote a greater understanding of journalistic ethics and societal responsibility of broadcasters.
The Mississippi Association of Broadcasters will make scholarship awards available annually.
- Scholarships to students enrolled in a fully accredited broadcast curriculum at a Mississippi four year college or university;
- Scholarships to students enrolled in a fully accredited broadcast curriculum at a Mississippi community or two-year college.
Those applicants determined to be the best candidates will receive a scholarship award without regard to their enrollment in a four-year or two-year college.
Applicants should have:
- Mississippi home address
- Submit up to three letters of recommendation from a college professor, broadcaster and/or other business person;
- Have application signed by college radio/TV department head or broadcaster certifying that the applicant meets the criteria.
Judges will consider depth of thought, clarity of expression and commitment to broadcasting as primary. Extra- curricular activities and community involvement will also be considered.
Previous MAB Scholarship Award winners are eligible.
The Mississippi Association of Broadcasters has a keen interest in the excellence of broadcast education. Consistent with this goal and to lend tangible support, the MAB has established this scholarship program to encourage students of the highest caliber to enter broadcasting as a career and to seek the best quality of education in the field. We sincerely want to see broadcasting as a profession today passed on to qualified, outstanding men and women.
The scholarship program reflects the MAB’s commitment to the principal of affirmative action. No applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age.
Complete the application form, attaching all additional sheets necessary and forward it to the MAB office at the address below.
Mississippi Association of Broadcasters
855 S. Pear Orchard Rd., Suite 403
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
To be considered for the upcoming school year, all applications must reach the MAB office by March 1. MAB’s scholarship committee will review the applications. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision.