WJTV-TV, Jackson, is seeking a News Producer to produce daily newscast items, decide the order in which stories will be told, write teases and other content, time news programs, edit video, and post video to the website.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms.
• Writes and orders news stories.
• Approves scripts.
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts.
• Edits video.
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
One year of progressively responsible producing experience in a television newsroom preferred. Tape and writing samples required. Knowledge of journalistic standards as they relate to on-air presentation of news stories. Ability to establish and work within program format. Ability to make quick and appropriate
decisions and gains the cooperation of others. Accurate and comprehensive writing skills as well as good communication skills. Knowledge of personal computers and ability to learn new systems.
Formal education equivalent to a BS degree in Journalism, Communications or related field. Related experience will be evaluated by company management and may be substituted on the basis of one year of experience equals one year of education.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****