These days, having a great website is an important part of doing business. Small market radio stations have been falling behind in this due to heavy costs and maintenance involved. Seeing this need, The Mississippi Association of Broadcasters has partnered with Skyrocket Radio, LLC to offer affordable but feature-rich website products to our members.This benefit enables member stations to have the online tools needed to stand out in their communities and generate digital revenue. Here are just a few tools that are provided…
- INTEGRATED ADS MANAGEMENT – Your online platform must give you a return on your investment. So there’s a powerful but easy to use banner ads management system directly within the website admin. Set unlimited ad block positions and show unlimited ads. Show ads individually in each location or fit more ads into each location and draw interest by rotating them within a banner ad slider. Advanced page/post targeting is included. Offer page takeover sponsorships to clients, like the morning show page or weather page.
- EVENTS CALENDAR – What’s going on in your market this weekend? This month? The events management tool allows your station to become the hub of your community events. Create and list events by category. The included social sharing features allow site visitors to share your event pages. Included widgets allow events to appear on multiple pages with links for more information.
- CONTESTS MANAGEMENT – You hold contests on-air. Why not host them online as well? Online contests can hold a bigger value to certain clients because their name/links are displayed for a longer amount of time. The contest management tool allows for unlimited contests. Site visitors can register for a contest once per day with a simple name and e-mail address. All contests have start and end dates and registrant data can be exported after each contest has ended.
- BUSINESS LANDING PAGES – In smaller markets it’s more common for local businesses to not have a website. This won’t inhibit your station from selling these clients a banner ad schedule. Your station can offer a custom business landing page within your station site that promotes the client. The custom page will include the client logo, coupon, text, video, etc. Forms can be also included to send the client information. All landing pages can be customized to match the client’s branding colors.
- ON-AIR PERSONALITY PAGES – Whether you have a full staff or your station is fully automated. Let fans of your station know more about your personalities. A jock blog is the best way for a personality to connect with their audience and continue the conversation after the show. Each personality has the option of showing a blog page or a full bio page. So, if you only have a local morning show, they can blog about things that pertain to their show while the rest of the personalities show a simple bio page.
Skyrocket Radio takes care of the website hosting. The normal monthly price for this service is $125. However, MAB Members get the same service for just $75/month. The monthly fee takes care of hosting, website license, daily content backup, online training and up to one-hour of on-call help each month. The member station only has to do is populate the site with local content, promote it and sell banner ads to increase revenue.
Johnny Boswell’s Kosciusko and Philadelphia stations were the first to launch and test this new member benefit. The station websites are www.breezynews.com and www.kicks967.com. Feel free to reach out to Johnny Boswell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask how his group has benefited from their new websites.
Visit www.SkyrocketRadio.com to learn more about the features of the website and to inquire about your station or station group. Just be sure to tell them you are a MAB Member Station and we will verify you.